I remember hearing an adage some time ago that went something like “Read a book a month, a magazine a week, and a newspaper a day”. I have no idea who that saying can be attributed to, but I always thought it was a good idea. I read the WSJ almost every day, I read a magazine or two a month, but I don’t really read a book a month. So what have I been reading?
- Get Rich Slowly. This guy has some great advice. Plus, it is usually geared toward the younger crowd and it helpful for people getting ready to graduate from college, who are looking for a job, and who want to become financially stable.
- Financial Advice for my Son. Another financially geared website.
- The Dilbert Blog. Scott Adams writes the best comic strip that’s currently being written and his blog offers humor and philosophical musing that keeps me reading.
- The Uganda Conflict Action Network. Yes, I get Google News updates on Uganda, but this site offers some additonal things and also states where information is coming from.
- Lifehacker. Lifehacker is just fun. It has so much stuff on there that I don’t even subscribe to the main feed, just the Friday one. I check it occasionally through the week, but it really does have some great stuff on there.
- Money and Values. Here’s another real life personal finance blog.
- Joel Maxwell. This guy is working himself out of debt. It’s a great story.
- Ask a Bartender. Hilarious.
Remember, always use a RSS reader to check up on blogs. Don’t be dumb and always visit them.
I’m going to go read a book.