Oscar Wilde once said that “There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.”
In honor of this quote, here’s a few things that have recently come to fascinate me:
- Third Day’s new Christmas album. Yes, I’m well aware that it’s November 6. I saw it in Napster though and just had to listen.
- Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to hanging. There was rejoicing in the streets of Baghdad, but most of the western world seems to be holding their collective breath as they expect violence from pro-Hussein groups.
- Ted Haggard, who I mentioned a few days ago, is in the new movie Jesus Camp. I hadn’t realized this before, but he’s in there preaching about homosexual activity. Is homosexual activity immoral? Yes, but how can you do that while getting gay massages and possibly more?
- Campbell’s Chunky Soup has a little contest going. Go here to vote for the pathetic Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Google is moving into newspaper adverts. Am I the only one who is left scratching my head? Newspapers have been bemoaning the move of media to non-paper forms, yet the great Google hopes to make money there.
- I can’t wait to see a bunch of over confident Republicans lose tomorrow in the election. The GOP have really screwed up the last two years with a Republican President and control of both the House and the Senate. (P.S. You can quit with the “America will be blown to tiny pieces by all the people that hate the USA if you vote for a Democrat”. If you would have done what you said what you were going to do, you wouldn’t be forced to preying on people’s concern for safety to win this election)
- Dr. Kizza Besigye and relationship to all that goes on in Uganda. I can’t seem to make sense of that situation.
I think the thing that grabs me the most though is just how bad of a football team the Pittsburgh Steelers are right now. Before, they were a good team with a bad record. Now they’re awful.